Environmental, Social, and Governance Policy
Snap One continues to implement Environmental, Social and Governance (“ESG”) policies focused on protecting the environment, promoting social equity, and exemplifying good governance. We believe that such policies align with our mission to make lives more enjoyable, connected, and secure, and that continuously improving our ESG practices helps us attract new employees, customers, and investors.
Snap One recognizes and embraces our role in protecting the environment in the communities where we, our Partners, and customers, live and work. By way of reaffirming our corporate ownership of environmental stewardship, we prioritize responsible waste management and energy conservation, including the following initiatives:
- Reduce, Re-use, Recycle Initiative started in 2020 to reduce waste at distribution centers: The majority of our inbound ocean freight master pack boxes are re-used for outbound Boxes that cannot be re-used are consolidated and recycled.
- Packing Material Re-Use (Hebron, KY): We began a project to re-use cardboard boxes as packing material by using a cardboard perforator to convert cardboard to paper mesh netting that replaces bubble wrap and airbags; also reducing the amount of cardboard Snap One pays other companies to
- OvrC/4Sight platforms: Our use of these platforms conserves energy by reducing the need for Partner site visits to end customers and enabling end customers to manage their power consumption more easily.
We are committed to attracting, developing, and retaining a highly qualified, diverse, and dedicated workforce that encourages and fosters safety, innovation, employee development, and open communication. We believe that fair and equitable pay is essential for any successful organization. We offer competitive pay to attract, motivate, and retain exceptional talent and a comprehensive benefits package to provide for our employees’ health, welfare, and retirement needs.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
We promote a workplace culture of inclusiveness, dignity, and respect for all employees and a safe, appropriate, and productive work environment. Our policies and initiatives include:
- Equal Employment Opportunity and Commitment to Diversity Policy: We commit to making all employment-related decisions, to recruit and hire individuals and to conduct all personnel actions without regard to race, color, national origin, genetic information, gender identity, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status or any other status or condition; and also prohibit unlawful harassment and discrimination at our work facilities, as well as off-site.
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) Council. We created an employee-sponsored DEI Council to promote our shared vision of equality and belonging that facilitates community outreach, development workshops, and team member inclusion We also created a Women in Tech group that focuses on education and awareness and hosts outside speakers, book clubs, and mentoring programs for employees and our Partners.
- Community Involvement: Snap One participates, both directly and through its support of an employee-run non-profit organization, for various philanthropic initiatives, including supporting and raising funds for CMS foundation, AAPI LGBTQ youth, fighting homelessness, and providing scholarships for students of color interested in
Snap One recognizes that engaged and enabled employees are better at home, in their communities, and inside our Company. With this in mind, we strive to create a culture and environment in which our employees thrive. Additionally, we support our employees in meeting their career goals through a range of development tools, resources, and opportunities, including providing: a Company-wide employee recognition platform, open forums with executives through periodic Town Hall meetings, performance reviews, and feedback between employees and managers, and employee management surveys to hear employees’ perspectives and measure employee satisfaction and the impact of our human capital management initiatives and programs.
Snap One is committed to high standards of ethical, moral, and legal business conduct, including the following policies and initiatives:
- Partner Code of Conduct: We have high expectations of our vendors and require that they adhere to various standards of conduct concerning legal compliance, anti-corruption and bribery, fair competition, intellectual property, privacy and information security, anti-discrimination, and global trade laws and regulations, including the prohibition of slavery, child labor or human trafficking in any part of the supply
- Employee Code of Business Conduct and Ethics: Employees’ business dealings are subject to high ethical standards for honesty, integrity, and appropriate care concerning conflicts of interest, fair competition, confidentiality, fair dealings with business partners and customers, political contributions, payments to government personnel, and insider All employees undergo training for insider trading and sign off on all Employee Handbook provisions regarding our ethical standards, including anti-retaliation and misconduct reporting.
- Whistleblower Hotline. We believe that open and honest communications are the expectation, not the exception. To align with that goal, we employ an independent third-party dedicated Whistleblower Hotline to encourage employees and others to report suspected breaches of our Code of Conduct and any illegal or unethical activity, including fraud, abuse, and other misconduct in the workplace, while cultivating a positive work